Tuesday, August 29, 2006

President Bush Meets with Bloated Corpse to Discuss Katrina


President Bush met today with a bloated corpse who had traveled to Washington D.C. to mark the one year anniversary of the Hurricane Katrina disaster. The corpse, which had lurched it's way on foot from New Orleans to the White House met briefly with President Bush in the Oval Office and then appeared with him in front of reporters on the South Lawn.

"I'd like to thank President Bush for meeting with me today," said the corpse, "we has a good chat. I told him it was nice to meet him face to face, since the closest I'd ever been to a president was when he flew over New Orleans as my body floated through the ninth ward. He explained that we all have to be patient, since rebuilding is going to take a while. I assured him that really wasn't an issue for me. Mainly because I'm dead."

President Bush also said he enjoyed meeting with the corpse. "I like common folks like Bloaty here, because they're plain speakers, they lay it on the line," said the president. "While so many folks complained about the lack of response days after the disaster, they should remember that they were at least better off then my friend here, who drowned right after the levees gave way. It's like that old saying: 'I used to complain because I have no shoes...until I met the corpse who feet had fallen off'...er something like that. Guys like the Bloatmeister will always be welcome in this White House, no matter how bad they smell."

"Look, it was a hurricane, I drowned, and a major American city was destroyed," said the corpse. "Everybody wants to blame President Bush, but these things happen. There's only so much one can expect from the leader of the free world."

6 Comments:

Anonymous Snake (a Cambridge kind of guy) said...

Great picture!

2:08 PM  
Blogger OldRoses said...

I'm surprised he didn't appoint him as the head of FEMA!

5:38 AM  
Blogger Lindsay Lobe said...

Yes ...I kind of enjoyed reading your post .....good piece of satire. We got the the news down under, and I must say it all sounded rather sickly with the President talking about the re building going on. I realise it is mammoth rebuilding project but the pictures we saw of the progress...what real progress? Seemed to be painstakingly slow with few stories of goodwill.

Best wishes

6:31 AM  
Blogger fallenmonk said...

I agree with Bloaty...no sense blaming anyone for spilling the milk. You go with the disaster you have. No sense looking back now we have othe disasters to screw up.

3:33 PM  
Blogger Dan said...

Dude, you need captions for your photos ... which one is Bush?

7:56 AM  
Anonymous The Butter Stick said...

Very good article, I love the photo.

"the closest I'd ever been to a president was when he flew over New Orleans as my body floated through the ninth ward"

1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home