Thursday, July 06, 2006

The Two-Toed Dr. Max


I can hear you out there. “Well LAA DEE DAH, look who decided to post on his own blog today. Gee Dr. Max, hope it wasn’t too much trouble for you to actually follow through on your main responsibility as a blogger. I mean, thanks for the effort but we’ve all moved on to blogs with entries that appear more than twice a month, yah lazy good-for-nothing loser’!”

Boy....you guys are kinda mean.

OK, OK, this is the part where I supply you with a valid excuse for all the cyber dust that has collected around here. And here it is. Lethargy. That’s right, no hospital stay, no crashed computer and no travel to a remote country that lacks internet access. Just simple American inertia. Languor mixed with torpor, all wrapped in a carmel coating of lassitude.

Summer sang it’s song to me and I answered. Left the computer off and went outside with the little ones to teach them the fine art of goofing off. Listened to the chirping of the flowers and took the time to smell the birds (Yeah, got those turned around there. Just a tip, birds don’t like to be smelled. And I got the beak scars to prove it.) Stayed away from politics and the news and let the summer breeze make me feel fine, blowing through the jasmine in my mind. Heck I bet I haven’t missed a thing, I mean it’s not like North Korea fired long range missiles at the United States or anything, am I right or am I right?

So I’m back! Tanned, rested and ready to get back to making this lame blog even lamerer....er. And I make this commitment to you handful of fans of That One Blog: Dr. Max will try to contribute more often, even if it’s just a short paragraph or two. Unless I win the lottery of course, then I’ll just hire this dang blog out to some slave labor plant in China or India.

Whew....that was EXHAUSTING. Dr. Max needs a nap.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Snake (a Cambridge kind of guy) said...

Hey Doc--Good to have you back. But you shouldn't feel pressured to do this; only when the spirit moves you (&time cooperates). Anway, I loved your line: "Languor mixed with torpor, all wrapped in a carmel coating of lassitude." That's so good, I might have to steal it.

7:42 PM  
Blogger Flubberwinkle said...

Summertiiiiiiiime and the bloggin' is easy. (Old tune, new lyric tweak). It's a shame this laid-back seasonal feeling doesn't apply to trigger-happy missile launchers.

12:11 AM  
Blogger OldRoses said...

You could have lied and made up some horrible series of events that prevented you from amusing us, er, I mean, blogging. Thanks for the honesty. And here's my two cents: the fish in the fishpond don't like to be petted.

7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home