Saturday, July 15, 2006

A Picture of My House From Google Earth

It’s true, that’s really my house. I think you can see how much we’ve done with the place. That indistinct blurry patch in the back wasn’t nearly as blurry when we moved in. And before you get on my case, we are going to paint this summer (hey, you live in a place where it rains every other day and see how your house looks after a few years.) I think when we’re done, the next low resolution satellite image will go from a dull milky brown to a slightly brighter dull milky brown.

I know Google Earth has been out for a while but I just downloaded it this week. Take my advice, don’t do this if you want to get anything else accomplished for a few days. Playing with Google Earth is like web crack, once you start you can’t stop. While my neighborhood hasn’t gotten a detailed scan yet, I bet your house has. George W. Bush’s house has....

house2

I have to admit, the man has a nice place, although he doesn’t have the nifty Rubbermaid plastic storage shed like I have in my backyard. That baby holds my mower, my power washer with room to spare for a wheelbarrow. He may be the Decider, but Dr. Max is the Shedder.

4 Comments:

Blogger fallenmonk said...

You are in trouble now. I discovered Google Earth last year and downloaded the big version and bought a subscription and everything. I was totally enraptured by it for days. My house does have a complete high def scan but is one boring shot. I will try and post it maybe.
Thanks for stopping by and the grats on the anniversary. I just found out I have to go to China next month for a client. I might have to touch you for some advice.

1:18 PM  
Anonymous Snake (a Cambridge kind of guy) said...

You have a nice place, Doc. But aren't you worried about losing your privacy, now that the whole world knows where you live? But I suppose, as a celebrity, you're already used to it.

6:40 PM  
Blogger Flubberwinkle said...

Normally, Greece would have been a big blur but because the Olympic Games took place here two years ago, everything was freshly satellited, recorded, and Google-earthed. We can even check out my farmer aunt's goat shacks in rural southern Greece. If Google Earth gave out infrared emissions we could even trace down her missing goat...

4:25 AM  
Anonymous adwords campaign management said...

Hai!. it's like a Spam question!. so friend u will try another different way.. please search for Google.. . bye. . goodluck! ppc campaign management

11:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home