Friday, July 07, 2006

Apocalypse 4th



Oh yeah, Dr. Max is down with the new fancy-schmancy trends in Web 2.0 blogging. Even in my advanced age I'm still all over the fads the youngsters out there "dig" and think are "groovy." That's right folks, you're looking at a YouTube video up there.

Now before you get too excited, it's NOT Dr. Max dancing in his skivvies to Shakira's Hips Don't Lie. Last year I mentioned in this post how my neighborhood goes a little nuts with the fireworks on the 4th of July. The short, poorly photographed video above illustrates my point. This went on from 8:30 to 11:30 pm.

My house is still standing by the way.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Snake (a Cambridge kind of guy) said...

Wow, Doc, I'm impressed. I still haven't mastered the weblink and here you are putting pyrotechnics on your site. All I can say is: You the man.

7:13 PM  
Blogger OldRoses said...

WOW! And I thought MY neighbors were bad. Their "show" wasn't as varied or last as long your neighbor's event.

7:53 PM  
Blogger sideshow bob said...

OOOOOOH! AAAHHHH! No, it's not about the fireworks; I'm impressed with uploading your video...someday I'll figure out that new-fangled techno-whatzit.

At least you get something to look at...our neighbors take it upon themselves to set off firecrackers, usually one or two per minute, all night long. A firecracker goes off, then it's quiet for a while, and just as you start to drift off to sleep again..POP!

Arrgh! It's SO frustrating! I really, really, really wish that our forefathers could have pulled off a bloodless coup, so that we could celebrate by quietly and politely milling around, not making a nuisance of ourselves.

10:34 PM  
Blogger Flubberwinkle said...

You mean to tell me that you had to put up with this for 3 w-h-o-l-e hours? Yikes.
By the way, I'm impressed with the video uploading. Smooth.

12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home