Wednesday, April 05, 2006

You've Been a Baaaaaaad Blogger, Dr. Max


You’re right of course. If one starts a blog, one better dang well show up now and then a post a fricking entry. I apologize most sincerely for my absence but duty in the real world called. Went back home to help out with a family illness last week. Not that slacking off as the first sunshine and warm weather of the season arrived wouldn’t have been a good enough reason, but Dr. Max plays hooky only when he has a valid excuse.

And I would have sent one of my sparklingly witty entries to you upon my return, but Mrs. Dr. Max decided to run an experiment to see how much rice is needed to clog a kitchen sink. With a mere Tupperware container full of left over take-out rice, she created an almost impenetrable wall of grains within our drain pipes. Dr. Max worked for nearly a day before he admitted defeat and surrendered to a professional plumber. Armed only with a motorized snake and an $80 an hour fee he cleared the great wall of rice in just 15 minutes. He also told me that anything you eat can go down a garbage disposal, but you have to put it in a spoonful at a time, making sure each spoonful clears before putting the next one in.

So there you have it, an entry, an apology, some excuses, and a piece of advise that just saved all of you $80 dollars. I hope we’re all friends again.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, like the site. Gave me a good chuckle. Particularly enjoyed the George Bush/Fugitive piece. Check out this one.

www.halfatights.blogspot.com

It might appeal.

6:16 AM  
Anonymous Snake (a Cambridge kind of guy) said...

Hey Doc, we're not going steady anymore but we can still be friends. I'm sure glad I don't have a disposal. One spoonful at a time would be tough for a hyper guy like me.

7:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

zardoz says:


hugs and kisses

dont worry DOC,,

and thanks for the advice

thats if i had a waste disposal

suppose ill have to feed the pig

slower now , he certainly

works like a waste disposal.

===== Z =====

9:10 AM  
Blogger MacHeadCase said...

No waste disposal yet but if I get a dog one day, I will. ;^)

Hope the illness is gone...

4:08 PM  
Blogger sideshow bob said...

If I weren't guilty of the same bloging practice, I'd give you such a finger wagging!

7:46 PM  
Blogger fallenmonk said...

Disposers were invented by plumbers - I leave the rest of the story for you to figure out.

You got off easy Doc. It just me $2000 to get my septic tank back into operation.

8:17 AM  
Blogger OldRoses said...

I got one word for yuh, Doc: COMPOST! Never clogs up. Great for the garden. Safe for children and pets.

10:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home