Saturday, April 15, 2006

That One Blog Is One


Yup, just 365 days ago, a thoroughly confused Dr. Max ventured into Blogger and created this post....

Well, hi there! My name is Dr. Max. What's yours? Uh huh...golly, that's a swell name. Welcome to my little clubhouse here on the internet. I hope you'll join me each day for some fun, cartoons and a whole bunch of blather. Say, if you enjoy your visit why not tell your friends to stop on by? Would you do that now? Hey, thanks a bunch!

...and That One Blog was born. I made sure I started on a day where I could get the most traffic, I mean it’s not like people have any important tasks or deadlines on April 15th. Am I right?

A year of blogging. For some reason when I started I thought I should do new post every day. And up until October of last year I pretty much stuck to that self imposed deadline. Well, one trip to China and a new toddler later, we can pretty much stick a fork, knife and spoon in that schedule. I’ve tried folks really I have, but you’d have to meet my daughter, she is always on the go and wants Dad to be with her. I’ve thought of doing more quick posts during the week but I’m not sure what would be entertaining about a hundred entries that all read the same thing: “Tired...so very tired....so, so tired.....have I mentioned that I’m tired?”

So what has a year of blogging taught me? 1. I enjoy writing. I wasn’t sure I would when I started, but the process of seeing if I could do it has been fun. Mind you, I make absolutely no claims about the quality of my posts, but it has been enjoyable to create them. 2. If you are going to start a blog, YOU DON’T HAVE TO INCLUDE A DAMN PICTURE WITH IT EVERYDAY! I envy all you text only bloggers, when you are done typing you can upload and go to bed. Jesus Christ, I don’t know what the hell I was thinking. Sometimes my lame graphics take more time than my lame posts. 3. A humorous blog that tries to point out the absurdity of modern day life and politics is nice, but the big bucks are in sites with pictures of naked people.

Thank you all for stopping by throughout the year. Thanks to those who have taken the time to comment, I always appreciate the feedback. A very special thanks to my friends on the Prescribed Links: Sylvana of Syllogism, Steve of Call Me Snake, Sideshow Bob of It All Comes Back To The Simpsons, Old Roses of Things I Wonder About, Herge of Angry Chimp, T.C. of Hattie’s Blog, Grace of Scriptoids, Fallenmonk of Fallenmonk and MacHeadCase of MHC-in-the-box. Please visit their fine sites, they are all wonderful bloggers who have shown That One Blog a great deal of kindness and attention over this past year.

So another year begins for That One Blog and Dr. Max. I hope you will all stay tuned. And have I mentioned that I’m tired?

7 Comments:

Blogger OldRoses said...

Dr. Max, you may be tired, but we are not tired of you! Happy Birthday to "That One Blog", may it see many, many more.

3:24 AM  
Anonymous Snake (a Cambridge kind of guy) said...

Congratulations, Doc. And a memorable blog it is. In fact, it's my favorite blog. I like it even better than my own. (Low self-esteem?)

10:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

zardoz says:

happy anniversary DOC,

whenever you write ,

i'll be by ....to enjoy your wit.

== Z ==

1:25 PM  
Blogger sideshow bob said...

*Smack!*

And one to grow on!

I agree...sometimes even one post a week is hard to accomplish. We grizzled veterans of the blogosphere know that it's not about quantity, it's about...well, not quality, really...man, just what the heck isit about?

6:16 PM  
Blogger Flubberwinkle said...

Hey Dr.Max! Happy one year anniversary.
I think you're doing fine. You're putting some fine quality posts out there in blog-land. It's not the quantity that keeps me coming back, it's the humour.

p.s. I'm putting you on my prescribed links so that next year I'll get a pat on my shoulder too!
;-)
p.p.s. Did I hear you mention you're tired?

5:07 AM  
Blogger fallenmonk said...

Happy blog birthday. Don't worry about regularity as the guy from Exlax used to say it's quality that counts. Maybe you're just tired.

7:32 AM  
Blogger MacHeadCase said...

Oh lordy! I missed this!...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, THAT 1 BLOG AND TO THE MAN WHO DECIDED TO START IT, CONGRATS TOO!!!

There... *pant* *weeze* Am I forgiven? :^)

5:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home