Monday, December 26, 2005

Dr Max's Christmas Vacation


Hello and Happy Holidays to one and all. Dr. Max here, on the road during the holidays. As you can see by the primitive rendition of my mug above, I am working with the simple tools of Microsoft Paint and a mouse on a PC with Windows 98. One makes do when one is visiting folks who are willing to put you up for the night (and not send you to the stables.) It has been a fun trip introducing our daughter to friends and family and has been made even more special by the flu bug that has been going around. Let’s just say along with carols, holly and egg nog our Christmas this year has been made extra special with the additions of projectile vomiting and diarrhea. Truly a Yule to remember.

Apologies to all for the lack of entries but I have found it difficult to find a good connection while in the bathroom. I do want to wish you all the best of the season, particularly those friends of That One Blog (see Prescribed Links) who have been so kind and encouraging to the Doctor over the past year. Hope the applicable midwinter celebration of you and yours has been happy and flu free.

Dr. Max will rejoin the blogosphere after the New Year and catch up with you all. 2005 has been so much fun with our President of the ages, I just can’t wait to see what he has in store for us in 2006!

I will raise a glass to you all on the stroke of midnight. I have a 2005 Pepto Bismol on ice for the occasion. Cheers and Happy New Year.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Snake (a Cambridge kind of guy) said...

Happy New Year to you too Doc. This is my favorite of all links. I still remember your famous Fight Club post. Sorry the flu struck your family; my 3-year-old had it too. So far the rest of us have dodged the bullet. I'm hoping we'll keep one step ahead of it.

12:18 PM  
Blogger fallenmonk said...

Happy New Year Doc and to your growing gang. We were lucky this year and didn't have any flu.
Remind me sometime and I will relate the story of oysters on the half shell and too much egg nog with peach brandy and we'll compare projectile vomiting notes.

2:21 PM  
Blogger OldRoses said...

Happy Holidays and New Year to you and yours, Dr. Max. I had the flu badly this spring so I got a flu shot this fall. It was almost as bad. Hope you're all feeling better soon.

9:34 PM  
Blogger Sylvana said...

Your blog is by far one of the best written blogs that I visit. I wish I had just an ounce of the creativity that you possess. But I don't, so thanks for coming to read my drivel anyway!

Congrats on the new addition. And what could be a more perfect way to initiate her into true family living than a family flu epidemic? Now those are memorable family occasions!

See you in the new year!! Oh what fun and new material it promises to bring!

1:39 PM  
Blogger MacHeadCase said...

Happy New Year everybody! May we all experience joy, peace, health and prosperity.

6:26 AM  
Blogger sideshow bob said...

Lookit you, using windows 98 like a caveman!

8:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Doctor,

What most people don't realize is that it wasn't hunger that forced the Donner party into cannibalism.

It was Windows 98.

Ugly, but true.

Your new friend,
Lezbro

spudnuts.1up.com

2:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home