Wednesday, October 05, 2005

A That One Blog Contest: Where the Hell is Dr. Max?


As any good blogger knows, the real world occasionally intrudes into our cyberlives. Wives and kids often have the gall to think their needs take priority over posting entries. Unless they have their own blogs they get on their high horse and demand you talk to them or feed them instead of spending three hours searching for a photo of President Bush where it looks like he’s sneezing. Crazy huh?

Dr. Max will be gone for a few weeks on an I.P.M. (Important Personal Mission). I could tell you what’s up but I think it would be more fun to let you guess until I return. So I’m introducing a new contest: Where the Hell is Dr Max? No, I’m not going on a covert black ops mission to assess Iran’s nuclear capabilities. No, I’m not going in for a final Scientology audit before becoming an Operating Thetan. And, although I was offered the position, I will not be moving to Washington DC to head up FEMA. Just put your thinking caps on and put your guesses in the comment fields. The one guess that comes closest will WIN.....my appreciation. Isn’t that better than cash or prizes? (The “Where the Hell is Dr. Max?” contest is for entertainment purposes only. Friends or family of Dr. Max who know the true nature of his absence are disqualified. Not legal in Maine or California. Taxes apply.)

Just so you don’t forget the Doctor, I have lovingly prepared some of my old posts for re-viewing. Yes, my greatest hits, the best of, the cream of.....oh hell, who am I kidding here? We’re talking recycled crap here folks. Re-enjoy some of my comic gems from the early days of That One Blog (spring of this year). See me use “jeez” for the first time, see my clumsy first stabs at Photoshop and realize how That One Blog has transformed itself from a lame little blog to a slightly less lame little blog! For fellow bloggers, do not take offense at my lack of comments at your sites, I promise, I will catch up with all your blogs when I get back online.

I thank you for your understanding in advance. Seacrest out!

6 Comments:

Blogger MacHeadCase said...

Oh darn! There he goes, off into the sunset...

*Sniff* Hollers after DrMax: Have fun at least! Enjoy yourself!... *Sniff*

My first guess: vacation time. :^D

7:57 PM  
Anonymous Snake said...

Dear Doc -- I wish you great success on your IPM. My only advice is to chronicle your IPM on your IBM. As for the contest, here's my guess. Actually, it's more than a guess, that's how confident I am: You're driving your Winnebago to Crawford, Texas and staying there as long as it takes until Bush agrees to speak with you. Then you're going to diss him and leave, without giving him an audience. Trust me, you're going to have a great trip: Just stick to the script we've discussed and everything will go fine.

8:00 PM  
Blogger fallenmonk said...

Well I hope you have a great time. Here's wishing it is a fun filled holiday rather than some painful IPM.
The monk is once again hitting the road as well, but this time back to France and unless the hotel has removed it I will have access if I want to pay the 20 Euros a day fee.
Catalina!

4:57 AM  
Blogger MacHeadCase said...

Hmmm, Lemme see... Your IPM might have to do with one of your kids in college and you have to set him/her up properly in another state... :P

4:44 PM  
Blogger OldRoses said...

My guess is that Dr. Max has gone to Sweden to collect his Nobel prize.

12:51 AM  
Blogger MacHeadCase said...

Oh wow! That's the best guess so far, oldroses! :^D

3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home