Wednesday, September 21, 2005

President Will Only Take A Three Day Weekend As 2nd Deadly Hurricane Threatens Gulf States


President George W. Bush has vowed to take only a three day weekend as the category 5 hurricane Rita heads for landfall in Texas late Friday or early Saturday. The President, who was criticized for staying on vacation throughout hurricane Katrina’s landfall and aftermath, said he will leave Friday morning so he can be ready, bright and bushy tailed, on Monday to help manage Rita’s response.

“I’ve got a lot of raking to get done at the ranch, I may even leave for Crawford Thursday night. I want to make sure I get everything up under that oak by the barn on Friday morning,” said President Bush. “Who knows where this thing is headed once it hits the Texas coast, I’ve got to make sure I’ve got my shutters up and all the down spouts around the main house are clear. There’s also that dripping faucet I promised Laura I’d get to before I left early the last time. I think Saturday, weather permitting, I’ll go down to the True Value and get a new washer set. The chore jar is pretty darn full, so I’ll be busy up until the Cowboys kickoff Sunday, they’ll be playing the Niners in San Francisco, so the game shouldn’t be effected.”

The President said he learned some lessons from Katrina. “We will have supplies in place this time, really. Brownie at FEMA assures me....wait, oh yeah, I fired that sorry sack of....who’s in charge there again? That Coast Guard dude, damn I just talked to him, what is his name? Well whoever he is assures me we are ready to go on this one. Damn it, this is so frustrating, now I’ll be trying to remember that guy’s name all weekend!”

DONATE

9 Comments:

Anonymous Snake said...

I'm sure this is a great comfort to the people of Galveston or Corpus or wherever the heck it's going to strike, maybe even in Crawford.

1:40 PM  
Blogger sideshow bob said...

Bush has it right...working is for the poor.

5:15 PM  
Blogger OldRoses said...

Does this mean that W will be taking a vacation every time a hurricane strikes the US?

11:35 PM  
Blogger Sylvana said...

Why doesn't he just admit that he effed up on Katrina?

7:26 AM  
Anonymous Snake said...

I like that "effed," which I've never seen before. Maybe I just didn't know how to spell it.

8:56 AM  
Blogger MacHeadCase said...

I think Dubbya is under a lot of stress and that his mental state is falling apart... o_0

8:07 PM  
Blogger DrMax said...

Welcome back MHC, I'm all confused about which site is correct for you now, please advise.

4:04 PM  
Blogger MacHeadCase said...

Oops! Been busy like hell with the bijillion photos (over 2,500 photographs in two weeks!... w00t!!!) I took and Adrian wanting me to submit photos to some royalty-free websites... Anyway the new link is where I'll be hanging out from now on. The New and Improved MHC-in-the-box.

Sorry about being a no-show lately. You should see all the contortions I have to go through to convert my photos, shot in Canon's new Raw file format, .CR2 which Photoshop CS can't read!!! I would need Photoshop CS2 for that and I just don't have the money right now for that.

Anyway I should be slowly getting back into the traffic now. So far I've gotten through the first three days' worth of photos... on a total of fourteen days. Yikes! I doan wanna think about it!!! o_0

3:32 PM  
Blogger MacHeadCase said...

Did you know that he calls you Maxie? I bet you didn't! LOL

Dubya Nickname Group - Nicknames granted by President George W. Bush.

Wow! You're a celebrity DrMax!!! o_0

10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home