Monday, August 29, 2005

The Dog Days of Blogging


*Sigh* What am I doing in front of this CRT writing a blog when I should be out, enjoying the waning days of summer? Why, I should be out water-skiing, hiking, playing badminton, or cliff diving, instead of sitting inside making this entry. Well, not that I actually do any of those outdoor things normally, I’m just saying I should.

I felt something in the blogosphere last week. It was an almost palpable sense that every blogger wanted to be doing something other than blogging. Napping in a hammock rather than writing yet another post about George W. Bush’s brush clearing in wartime. Heading down to the lake rather than remarking on John Roberts' weird grimace-like smile. Getting those suckers off the tomatoes over making an href link to this site. Or maybe that was just me.

I think this time of year, as summer ends and autumn’s activities begin, we finally put to rest those New Year’s resolutions. The rowing machine is going to remain a clothes hanger, that novel is NOT going to be written this year and those Lotto tickets will once again fail to fulfill their linchpin role in our plans for early retirement. It is this annual period of self-revelation, that brings on a dog-days melancholy. And the only cure is a visit with nature where feelings of insignificance are expected and natural. (For those of you in the colder climates, there is also the realization that you better get outside now before the months of nose hair sticking cold begins).

So let’s all get out there fellow bloggers! Let’s leave our articles on the vine and let them ripen a few days. We’ll allow the last of the warm sun to toast us, catch up on the magazines that have been piling up and open a cold beverage or two. The internet won’t miss us for a few days, let’s ENJOY this Labor Day weekend away from these darn computers! Go on now, turn it off. Very good!

Are they gone? Good! While my lazy competition is away on vacation tune in to That One Blog for fresh, new content each weekday! That’s That One Blog! Open 24/7!

4 Comments:

Blogger MacHeadCase said...

AHAHAHAHA! Good post DrMax!

Incidentally I'll be leaving for a two week camping trip next Monday in the wee (at least wee for us...) hours of the morning. Going to the Bas Saint-Laurent region, Le Bic to be precise. Here to be even more exact: Parc National du Bic.

Of course, I'll post a TaTa to everyone. :^D

5:59 AM  
Blogger Stretch said...

LOL, i got a kick out of that one. Your right though, since summer is just about over, people want to get out and do stuff, before it ends.

7:39 AM  
Anonymous Snake said...

There you go, Doc. Always trying to gain a leg up on the competition.

9:40 AM  
Blogger fallenmonk said...

Well...after my first full round of golf yesterday I should have stayed home blogging like you...especially after I see that you will obviously be taking advantage of my overwhelming presence on the nets.
As to the windmills, they didn't give me too much trouble yesterday but this batch of balls I bought seem to have tree and water magnets in them. I am one of the few people who have to hire beaters to accompany me on golf outings.

4:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home