Monday, July 04, 2005

Go on, You Know You Want To, Give Your Mother Country a Great Big Hug Today!


Happy 4th everybody! I hope none of you are stuck inside today, on a computer, reading this entry. Instead I hope you are all enjoying blue skies and sun, having a great time with family and friends, enjoying some hot dogs or vegetarian soyburgers hot off the grill with some Diet Coke Lime or an ice cold Red Hook Summer Rye beer, right from the cooler!

Now despite what Karl Rove has said about me, I do love this country of mine. I didn’t want anyone to prepare indictments or offer therapy or understanding to Osama bin Laden, I fully supported those in charge capturing or putting a bullet through that S.O.B.’s head! Ah well, maybe they’ll get around to it after the wars with Iran and Syria. But hey, let’s not argue on our nation’s birthday!

To the fellow citizens of this great country and to all those serving abroad and the families that worry about them I raise a Summer Rye toast in your honor on this Independence Day! God bless you all..unless you’re an atheist, then just bless yourself! And America, I refuse to believe you are 229 today, I swear, you don’t look a day over 206!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home