Thursday, July 21, 2005

Attack of the Comment Eating Monster


Hey Folks, Dr. Max here. How is everybody doing? Thanks for all the comments you’ve been giving me lately, it’s nice to get the feedback.

And speaking of comments, not sure what happened this week but reply service Haloscan for some reason started eating my post comments! I started hearing from old friends like Sylvana and new old friends like OldRoses that their comments were vanishing. Now if someone is going to be considerate enough to give you their valuable time and leave you a comment, it had better stay there! THIS COULD NOT STAND!

Well then, the problem became, what to do with the original Haloscan comments? Surely if I removed the Haloscan code they would disappear with it. Well that didn’t seem right either. So what I did was copy them all. Yep ALL the comments since the prehistoric That One Blog days of April 2005. I am in the process or reentering them all on the appropriate blog posts. Now it’s not going to look pretty and your blog links will be missing until you enter new comments, I’m sorry.....it’s a real cobble job. I just didn’t want to risk losing any more of your replies.

Ahhh technology. Stinking dad-gummed fricking technology. I do love it so.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Snake said...

Sorry, if I'd known what a pain this would be for you, I wouldn't have sent any. Don't bother retyping this one. It ain't worth it.

8:15 AM  
Blogger Sylvana said...

Wow! You must really like my comments because you keep putting them in twice! It feels good to be so appreciated.

8:26 AM  
Blogger DrMax said...

Sylvana, one can never get enough of your comments.

I should have know better than to try to do all this so early in the morning.

12:32 PM  
Blogger DrMax said...

By the way, Snake and Sylvana you two are the winners of Dr. Max's Most Frequent Comment Suppliers Award!

Let's see what kind of prize do I have here on my desk...hmmm do either of you need an old Apple ADB one button mouse? How about an empty Diet Pepsi Lime can? Oh wait, look at this, you may have to fight for this one, a genuine untouched box of Willie Wonka Everlasting Gobstopper Candies!!!

Shipping and Handling is $58.32, I'll take a personal check, no biggie!

1:06 PM  
Anonymous Snake said...

Thanks. Does that make me an "award-winning writer"?

2:45 PM  
Blogger OldRoses said...

I love technology. Best job I've ever had. Sure beats customer service. Computers don't argue with you and almost always do what they're told.

8:48 PM  
Blogger Sylvana said...

OldRoses- I'm at their mercy most of the time, but every once in awhile, I make my computer my bitch! Take that new image upload! Yeah, you know you like it when I open all those programs at once. Don't try to lie.

Geez, it's amazing how naughty computer talk can sound.

11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home