Monday, June 20, 2005

Just Wanted to Say Hi

Just Wanted to Say Hi

Hey there folks. Dr. Max here, it’s been quite a while since we chatted. How are you all doing? Hey, that’s swell, good to hear it.

I hope you’ve been enjoying the blog. I’m having fun doing it. It’s been an interesting process. I didn’t have a master plan when I started (as a review of my early entries will painfully illustrate), I guess I figured it would be like most of the other blogs out there, a personal diary with occasional humorous writings and cartoons. But the writings and cartoons have essentially taken over. Which is fine with me. There are some really great bloggers out there, who discuss their personal lives daily and do it with style and wit. That’s just not me. First off, my life is truly very, very boring. Second, I was raised in the grand tradition of midwest stoicism, which comes down to: I won’t burden you with my personal problems if you don’t burden me with yours. You could only break the rule if you gave birth or got some life threatening illness but even then, it wasn’t polite to go on and on about it..."All right already you brought new life into the world, we’re HAPPY for you. Now let’s get back to talking about the Packers!”

I also make no claims that my posts are funny to anyone but me. I figure that’s what makes a blog and the web unique, everybody gets to do what they want. If this isn’t your cup of tea, just hit the “next blog” button in the upper right corner and you’ll be taken to another site that might be more to your liking or at least one with a higher nude photo count.

I’ve added Kevin Smith’s blog to my Prescribed Links. The director of Clerks, Mallrats (which features the Eden Prairie Mall as I remember it, before it was remodeled into faux Frank Lloyd Wright), the fantastic Dogma, Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back and Jersey Girl, has started a daily blog while he is starring in a movie called Catch and Release in Vancouver B.C. I’m a sucker for great dialogue in movies and Smith is a master. Also, if you get a chance pick up his Evening with Kevin Smith DVD, check out his story about working with Prince, it’s hilarious and will give you great insight into the pitfalls of fame. Don’t watch it with Grandma though, Smith uses profanity like most of us use oxygen.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Max -- I bet your blog is funnier than most of those XXX ones out there in the sphere. But I wish you hadn't mentioned the "next blog>>" box, which I hadn't even noticed before. But now that I've seen it, it's kind of hard to resist. Gotta run...
Snake | Homepage | 06.21.05 - 12:16 am | #

8:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

GO PACKERS!!!!
sylvana | Homepage | 06.22.05 - 1:49 pm | #

8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home