Thursday, June 16, 2005

Frist Blames Misdiagnosis of Shiavo on Poor Cable Reception


Senate Republican leader Bill Frist today blamed bad cable reception as the reason for his misdiagnosis of Terry Shiavo.

The recently released autopsy results on Ms. Shiavo showed that her brain damage was extensive and irreversible. Earlier this year Frist had said the Terry Shiavo seemed responsive to him, basing his diagnosis on video footage he watched for an hour or so in his office. Frist said, “What I didn’t realize is that the Capitol cable system had a rusted connector at the grounding block outside my office. I had been getting a lot of snow and the Hallmark Channel was getting ghost images from the Game Show Network. I should have realized I had a problem with my reception. Looking back, I should have looked at the raw tape and not the cable feed since the autopsy shows she was blind and my comment about her being able to react to visual stimuli was a lot of hooey."

Frist said he would have Senate maintenance staff look at creating a “drip loop” in the TV cable before it is connected to the grounding block. “The loop would allow rain water to drain from the cable instead of following it to the connection," said Frist, “and should prevent any future problems of me using a brain dead women’s life as publicity tool to court the right wing base by creating a sham battle against activist judges!”

When asked if he had any regrets about making a diagnosis of a patient without examing her in person or using the United States Senate floor to announce his misdiagnosis, Frist said, “I’m looking into switching the entire US Senate to DirecTV, I think most of my fellow Senators would really enjoy the NFL Sunday Ticket!"

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I clicked the link. Are you as confused as I am as to why there is a picture of an acoustic guitar on his site? Can we expect to see him on "Unplugged" sometime soon? 'Cause that would be strangely ironic...
Debbie | Homepage | 06.16.05 - 9:43 pm | #

8:35 PM  
Blogger DrMax said...

Hi Debbie, thanks for the comment. Being a Senator from Tennesee he has to have something about Nashville in the header. Of course when you think of a down home, country music loving type guy, don't we all picture someone like Bill Frist?
DrMax | Homepage | 06.16.05 - 10:59 pm | #

8:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home